There is a lovely little shop in the Stockbridge area of Edinburgh called Dick's.  They sell homeware, accessories and menswear with a focus on craft traditions from small manufacturers.  I was in the area on Sunday afternoon and decided to take a look with my daughter.  I hadn't planned on buying anything but came out with a beautiful leaf plate (pictured below) made by Portuguese ceramics company Bordallo Pinheiro.  I have long had an admiration for their quirky and original work, particularly the more pared down, simpler pieces.  Pleased with my purchase, I took a look at their website and found some more beautiful things.  These colourful earthenware sardines would look striking grouped together on a wall, perhaps in a kitchen or bathroom.  Each little fish measures 35mm H x 185mm L x 35mm W and would also make an unusual gift for someone.  As for me, I am keeping a look out for the aubergine salad bowl also included here.  That deep rich colour would look stunning on the dinner table..













All images from Bordallo Pinheiro